PIRE is a trademark of the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation.
Material on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. PIRE reserves the right to make changes and updates to any information contained on this site at any time without prior notice.
PIRE disclaims all endorsements, warranties, or representations, express or implied, with regard to the information accessed from, or via, this web site or the Internet, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PIRE assumes no liability or responsibility for the usefulness, accuracy, or completeness of any information, product or service disclosed on its web site or other material accessible from its web site.
- Legal Services
- Income Tax 990 Forms
- Consolidating Financial Statements, Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and Reports Required by Government Auditing Standards and the Uniform Guidance
- Conflict of Interest Policy
PIRE is strongly committed to protecting privacy. Questions and comments should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No personally identifiable information is collected on this website. Sending an email generated from this site will reveal your email address.The email address and information you provide is used to respond directly to your questions or comments and may be retained for future communication with you.
Automated Data Capture, Cookies
This website includes links to other sites. PIRE has no control over those other sites. Any information you submit to linked sites will be subject to the privacy policies of those sites, if any. You should review those policies carefully.
Changes to This Policy
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the **PIRE Products we must process information about you. The types of information we collected depends on the individual Product and how you use our Products.
Things you and others do and provide
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata) or the date a file was created.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the content viewed; the features you use; the actions you take; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a specific establishment or make a donation using the Products as a platform), we only collect information about the purchase or transaction. All payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other form of payment information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details is NOT collected by us; instead, such information is collected by our third-party credit card transaction partners and subject to their independent terms and conditions, fees and privacy policies.
- Actions other parties take and information they provide about you. We receive and analyze content, communications, and information that other parties provide when they use our Products. This may include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we may aggregate this information across different devices you use. Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers unique to PIRE Products associated with the same device or account.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, or IP address.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below to provide and support the PIRE Products and related services. Here’s how we do that:
Communicate with you
We use the information we have to communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good
We use the information we have to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How is this information shared?
- We may share your information with third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows us to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide to us.
- We may share your information with any third parties where required to do so by applicable law or any court or other authority to which we are subject in any jurisdiction; or we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations.
- We may share your information with other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Vendors and service providers
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Law enforcement or legal requests
We share information with law enforcement agencies, or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement agencies or others:
- In response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with a PIRE Product may be accessed and preserved for an extended period of time, when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for a minimum of one year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
Use by Minors?
We do not knowingly request to collect personal information from any person under the age of 18.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and provide you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact PIRE with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us by mail at:
ATTN: I.T. Director
4061 Powder Mill Road
Beltsville, MD 20705-3113
Date of Last Revision: 01/13/2020
**“PIRE Products” include mobile applications, In-App browsers and other applications designed for PIRE data collection and research.
The information provided by PIRE on this website is not offered or intended to constitute legal advice or to substitute for obtaining legal advice from a licensed attorney, and its use does not imply the creation of an attorney/client relationship. Although PIRE provides legal and enforcement policy analyses, it is not engaged in the formal practice of law. The legal analyses contained in the materials on this website may not be applicable in all situations or in all jurisdictions.
Income Tax 990 Forms
|Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation||PIRE 2019||PIRE 2020||PIRE 2021|
|National Center for the Advancement of Prevention, Inc. d/b/a PIRE Programs NF||PIRE Programs NF 2019||PIRE Programs NF 2020||PIRE Programs NF 2021|
|PIRE California, Inc.||PIRE CA 2019||PIRE CA 2020||PIRE CA 2021|
Consolidating Financial Statements, Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and Reports Required by Government Auditing Standards and the Uniform Guidance
Conflict of Interest Policy
Click here to view the Conflict of Interest Policy