PIRE often has full- and part-time positions available at locations throughout the country. To learn more about PIRE, and our mission and vision, click here. New projects begin often and bring new employment opportunities, so please check this page regularly if you are interested in becoming a member of the PIRE Staff.
Working at PIRE
- Individual research autonomy. Emerging scholars—including postdoctoral fellows—can serve as Principal Investigators. To foster research career development, PIRE has maintained a long-standing commitment to the mentoring of emerging researchers.
- Corporate financial support for pilot studies and funding application development.
- Two Institutional Review Boards and a dedicated Compliance Officer.
- Local Site Administrators, dedicated IT Support Team, Grants and Contracts Office, and Library Services.
- State-of-the-art communications network and computing infrastructure to ensure the highest levels of data security as well as an extensive suite of scientific software available to all PIRE researchers.
- Excellent benefits (top 5% nationally) with a 10% employer retirement plan contribution and substantial vacation.
- Location flexibility—with six PIRE Centers across the United States and a liberal virtual work/telecommuting policy.
Paid Time Off:
- Personal time away from work
Leave for the following is also provided by PIRE:
- Jury Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Administrative Leave
Additional benefits provided to eligible employees:
- Retirement Plan
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Care Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
PIRE is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
PIRE is a diverse community devoted to the promotion and acceptance of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, gender, physical ability, or veteran status. PIRE is committed to employ, and advance in employment, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
PIRE will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact Human Resources by email at HR@pire.org.