Principal Investigator: David Collins
Sponsor: The Commonwealth of Kentucky
(10/1/2002 - 6/30/2004) Proposal Abstract
To provide the following services for the Kentucky Agency for Substance Abuse Policy:
1. Develop instrumentation and collect data regarding the progress of the KY-ASAP State Board to achieve an effective coordinated system of planning, funding and evaluation regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention and treatment, collect and process the data providing analysis and year-end report.
2. Final description of the Kentucky alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention system providing instruments for data collection, analysis and reporting.
1. Provide an analysis and reporting results of the 2002 student survey at the county level as well as in aggregate as requested.
2. Develop process and outcome instruments for local boards to assess investment funded interventions.
3. Revise the student survey based on input for local boards for future implementation.
Project Abstract (2003-2004)
Provide analysis, reports, and PowerPoint presentations on data collected from
(1) local board chairs (n=54)
(2) approximately 7- 8 board members from 54 local boards (n= from 378 to 432), and
(3) state board members (n=18)
All reports will be baseline reports, and for the local board chairs, we will conduct an analysis of change from 2002-2003 to 2003-2004 for some selected survey measures.